Policies, Guidelines, & Disclaimers
WebNameHost's Policies, Guidelines, and Disclaimers apply to all domains residing on WebNameHost servers. By using our webhosting services, you agree to comply and to enforce compliance on all others who uuse your account, subaccounts or subdomains, or resold accounts under your domain. WebNameHost has a zero-tolerance policy with regard to all unacceptable content and behaviour and there are no exceptions.
Content and Use of Services:
WebNameHost's services may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material that violates any applicable laws or regulations are all prohibited. Linking to illegal material is also prohibited.
Examples of unacceptable behaviours, content and/or linking include but are not limited to:
- Pirated software, pirating (distributing copyrighted material in violation of copyright, specifically MP3s, MPEG's, ROMs, and ROM emulators),
- Hacker activity, programs, or archives, Warez sites,
- Gambling sites,
- Pornography and sex-related merchandising or activities, any kind of "adult" or "erotic" site or literature, including but not limited to pictures of unclothed or scantily men or women, whether having alleged artistic merit or not, pictoral or verbal descriptions or depictions of sexual acts of any kind, or depictions of male or female primary or secondary sex organs, regardless of the purpose, and trafficking in obscene material, [If you are unsure about the meaning of this clause, apply this test: would a mother give the material to a ten-year old daughter? If you are still unsure, the answer is probably "no".]
- Sending a message or having site content that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, indecent, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass another person or group, or attempt to obtain sexual favours,
- Schemes to defraud, including advertising non-existing products or services and all chain letters and pyramid schemes,
- Stalking or threatening or advocating bodily harm, hurt, or damage to individuals or groups, or advocating any kind of hatred based on race, political affiliation, age, gender or religion (vigorous discussion of beliefs is acceptable; threats to harm because of them are not),
- Violating export restrictions, copyright, or other laws of either the country/province/state of residence or that where the hosting account is physically located,
- Installing software of any kind without our permission (any of the many scripts, programs, or other tools that we include in our hosting packages may be freely installed at any time without asking),
- Spamming - (sending unsolicited advertising to those with which the customer has no existing business relationship, posting off-topic advertising in newsgroups), or sending large numbers of the same eMail message in a day,
- Spoofing (using a return email address which is not the valid reply address of the sender or sending an email message which does not contain enough information to enable the recipient to identify the party who is really sending the message,
- Mailbombing (inundating one or more persons with email without any serious intent to correspond), or any kind of DOS attack on another site,
- Subscribing someone other than an existing customer to an electronic mailing list without their permission and without providing them a real means to opt out, or the distribution or use of mass or bulk eMail programs,
- Attempts to circumvent user authentication or security of host, network, or other account, or to access data not intended for or belonging to the user (on either our servers or others),
- Promulgation, use, or advocacy of viruses, worms, trojan horses, or any other software that could intrude upon, violate the security of, or harm another person's data, software, or hardware,
- Consistently and repeatedly failing to take appropriate security measures to protect one's accounts, passwords, sites, and mailboxes, thereby leaving them and/or our servers vulnerable to misuse,
- Reselling any web resources, including but not limited to space, mailboxes, forums, or databases, from a non-reseller account. This restriction is NOT meant to limit partnerships using a website jointly with one member of the group responsible for payments, provided the partnership and its membership is disclosed at the time of purchase, nor does it prevent the use of add-on domains where these are part of the account sold.
Note that while we can only actively police actual site content and will not read all materials advertised or linked to on the site, we will request the removal of links to offending material if complaints are received. Note also that many of the rules herein are enforced on us by the provider of our rack space in the data centres where we locate our machines, and we could not change them even if we wanted to, which we don't.
Any violation of the above policies will result in immediate account suspension without prior notice. At the sole discretion of WebNameHost, the account may be reinstated if the violation is obviously inadvertent or minor, but otherwise there will be no refunds. Any client violating these policies will be responsible for any and all damages to WebNameHost and will be charged for necessary repairs, clean ups, and/or legal costs.
NOTE:We accept clients who offer direct tangible value on their websites, whether in products such as books, or by providing information or other services. Therefore, although they are not necessarily always illegal, we decline customers whose entire business consists substantially of promoting intangible or indirect products and services via multi-level marketing schemes, opt-in pay-to-read mailing lists, for-fee distribution of "reports", or any other wealth creation schemes that do not involve tangible products. Affiliate arrangements are acceptable, provided the selling of multi-level affiliations is not the only business, and there is tangible product at the end. When in doubt, ask. If an existing client migrates into a business realm we prefer not to have on our servers (but is not in the illegal or prohibited categories above), we will not immediately terminate but will give three months' warning before renewal date that we are declining to host the business for the following period. These judgements are at our sole discretion. We provide a service for certain types of customers; we don't have to host anyone.
The client is responsible for all activity originating from the account unless proven to be a victim of outside hacking or address forgery.
The client is responsible for securing their username/password.
Each client should have the necessary knowledge to create and maintain their web space. Although WebNameHost will provide adequate instructions and technical support, for matters relating to our own services and accounts, it is not the responsibility of WebNameHost to teach the user the basics of internet use, web site design, and eMail use,
The clients must maintain local copies and backups of their website content. WebNameHost is not responsible for loss of website files, data, information, etc. Although we utilize high quality software, we can not guarantee that any lost data can be recovered. Back up your site frequently.
Most accounts are set up on a prepaid annual/six months/three months basis. Some accounts are available on a monthly basis for a higher rate to cover additional costs and risk. All pricing and plan features are guaranteed for the term of prepayment. Although we have no plans to change our pricing or plans, WebNameHost reserves the right to change prices and plans at the end of a payment period, unless other terms have been agreed upon. Upgrades are on a monthly prorated basis for the remainder of the term of service.
We do not handle credit cards here on our own site, but rely on a secure third party payment service that has been in business for many years and has a solid track record in the industry for honesty, security and reliability. Your credit card statement will reflect a charge from KAGI, PayPal, or other store/payment procesor.
If your hosting account expires, and you fail to renew within one week, it will be suspended (become inaccessible) unless prior arrangements have been made. Sorry, WebNameHost is in the hosting business, not the credit business.
Chargebacks If you have a question about charges made to your account, please contact us at once. If the charges were made in error, we will immediately arrange to credit your account appropriately. If you dispute a credit card charge for our services after having received them, we will suspend your account. Undeserved chargebacks for services already received are theft.
Our hosting plans include a 30 day money back guarantee. Should you become dissatisfied for any reason with our services within the first 30 days of your account activation, WebNameHost will refund your hosting fee, with no hassles. Of course, if you immediately try to sign up again to get a free ride one month at a time, we will not accept your business.
Other refunds: The purpose of billing in advance is to save ongoing billing hassles and credit card fees. If you pay for more than one month and decide to cancel after the thirty days, we will refund your fees on a prorated monthly basis (i.e. there will be no refund for part or all of any month of service used.) We reserve the right to make refunds by a cheque issued within thirty days of cancellation, or by credit card, at our discretion.
For obvious security reasons, account cancellations must be done via eMail from the same address that was used to activate the account in the first place. We do not accept phone calls for this purpose. Cancellation does not absolve the account holder of any outstanding financial or legal obligations.
Limitation of Liability:
WebNameHost shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental and consequential damages, that may arise from WebNameHost's servers going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Further, WebNameHost shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the corruption or deletion of any web site from one of WebNameHost's servers. The monetary value of any damages shall be limited to the unused portion of any hosting fee paid by the client.
WebNameHost shall be the sole arbiter of what is and is not a violation of these acceptable use policies. WebNameHost reserves the right to terminate an account at any time and for any reason that causes harm to any WebNameHost client's web sites or to the reputation of WebNameHost or its parent or affiliated companies. WebNameHost reserves the right to delete all content and files upon termination and without transmitting their content back to the client. WebNameHost reserves the right to withhold any prepaid funds for any site removed for violations of these policies. WebNameHost reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion.
WebNameHost reserves the right to change these Policies without prior notice or warning. Non-enforcement of any part of these Policies does not constitute consent.
While every effort will be made to respond to trouble reports within 24 hours (excepting Sundays) WebNameHost will only be liable for the time out of service if it exceeds 24 hours in a month. Claims under this policy asking for an extension of the payment date must be made within ten days of the month in question.
Violations of these Policies should be referred to abuse at WebNameHost.com. All complaints will be investigated promptly.
If you have any questions please contact us.